Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Old Fabrics, New Bags

One of my favourite part about patchwork is the recyling or reuse of scrap fabrics and turn them into something beautiful and useful. It's challenging and also gives me the satisfaction that I've not wasted any materials. My little contribution to Mother Earth....hee...





Here I've used some really small scraps of cloth to make into a pin cushion, which my mother has taken a liking to and requested that it be given to her.





I know my mum has a collection of cloth which she'll sometimes use to make clothes (eg nightdresses) for herself and us. I asked her to give me some that she does not want. Who knows what I can use it for. In patchwork, the more cloth, the merrier.




Sure enough, when Hubby brought back the goodie from Singapore, I was inspired enough to use some of her fabrics immediately to make 2 new bags.




The maroon red cloth on this quilted sling bag is from her collection, while the printed ones are from 2 pieces of left over fat quarters. This bag is useful as I can put all the little barangs barangs (purse, handphone, keys, camera, sunglasses and whatnots) and have my hands free to carry things/XX.






Would you believe this blue and white denim bag is made from what used to be the legs and pockets of 2 denim/cargo pants? I found them in the stack from my mom as well.









Besides using them, I've had bags of fun making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment