Saturday, June 6, 2009

Roads & Tracks Quilt



I completed this quilt for KK some weeks ago but has delayed the taking of photographs and the blogging. Finally, my wish to make something for my 2 boys as a keepsake has been fulfilled.




I got the inspiration for the name of this quilt from my Dad when he saw this quilt and described the log cabin zig zag design in the center as "Roads & Tracks". I admit I never saw it as that and indeed a fresh perspective sometimes really helps. Based on this concept, I added more "roads" to the top, bottom and sides to complete the quilt. So we have Big Bird and Elmo skating down the tracks in the center and fire engines, trucks surrounded by circuits on both sides. All around, I quilted "road dividers" stitches on the green roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment